The LEAD Mission Council (LMC) was assigned by the Brother Visitor and the LEAD District Council to “strengthen the alumni and lay partners engagement in LEAD”. In response, the LMC proposed to organize the LEAD ALUMNI project, which consist of two parts. The first is a series of online conferences or gatherings of alumni and former students of LEAD. This project is described in detail below. The second part is the LMC’s positive response to the call and invitation of Brother Visitor for LEAD alumni to adopt and extend support for the new Bamboo school, the La Salle Mae Hong Son, to be located in the border of Thailand and Myanmar, and which will primarily benefit young migrants from Myanmar and children of indigenous people of Thailand.
- To deepen understanding of the Lasallian Identity (who we are) and the Mission.
- To promote the Lasallian alumni’s active involvement and participation in the Lasallian Mission
- To foster fellowship and camaraderie among LEAD Alumni.
- To foster and promote the One La Salle spirit of fraternity and brotherhood/sisterhood among LEAD alumni and former students. To develop a sense of belonging as Lasallians in the mission.
- To become aware of and accept to collaborate with other Lasallian alumni and former students in East Asia particularly in adopting a common project.
The 1st Lasallian East Asia District (LEAD) Alumni Gathering is organized on October 9, 2021, Saturday, with the theme BE THE MIRACLE to be attended by alumni and former student leaders and key stakeholders of alumni federations and associations in the District.
A distinguished group of alumni leaders representing the seven countries or sectors of LEAD have been invited and agreed to form themselves as the LEAD ALUMNI Organizing Committee. The LMC is pleased to welcome and introduce them:
Alumni and former students leaders and key stakeholders of the alumni federations and associations in East Asia are cordially invited to attend the 1st LEAD Alumni Online Gathering.